How a Plane Ride Taught Me Gratitude

I'm currently 32,000 feet in the air! (Well, as I was writing this, I was!) I don't really like to fly. I don't like how cramp it is and when I fly solo, my co-passengers don't make me feel the most comfortable... Isn't it a cool thought though, that we can drive in the air and sit in a chair in the sky? We take things for granted, don't we? Like most people, I reflect a lot when I fly. Particularly on this flight because there is no wifi or TVs. I'm flying back from San Diego and I had one of the best trips of my life thus far. I got to spend the holidays with my boyfriend and his family. It was such a unique experience to not only spend a holiday outside of my family, but to live and become like a California native. I explored LA, a town called Redlands, Temecula, got a free haircut from a Paul Mitchell hair stylist, made new family and found out I could love my boyfriend even more than before. This holiday that I got to spend away in particular, is all about gratitude. Coincidentally, many people I research about who have become huge successes say that one thing that propels you closer to your dream is having gratitude. Being grateful for the past, present and things to come. I'm grateful for this trip, my boyfriend and his family. I am grateful for the places I've been and memories I've made. I'm grateful for being able to travel at 19. I'm grateful for this present moment I have to write on this plane. I'm grateful for heading back to New York safely. I'm grateful for what's to come in New York. Every time I head back to New York, I'm always a little nervous. Since it's the holiday season I'm in the hopes for a fruitful and blessed season ahead. A prosperous career, financial situation and relationships to be fulfilled. It's a great feeling taking time to reflect or in my case, write what I'm grateful for. It helps me see what I've accomplished and all the wonders that are ahead. My encouragement this week is everyday, write down at least five things you're thankful for. Do not repeat the same thing, everyday must be new and different. I promise things will change in your heart and in your life. Cheers to a fruitful season for you all. And to more leg room, friendly co-passengers and safe travels! Xoxo

Comments