Christmas As An Adult #holidayblog #happyholidays #holidayseason #christmastime #blog #blogger

Remember being a kid and the adults around you would all say an inappropriate sexual joke and you would always be so confused on why they were laughing? And understanding how amazing it feels as an adult now to laugh at those jokes? Similar to when you were a kid and you had no idea what mom and dad meant when they would say Santa is having a stressful Christmas this year. Or that Santa was keeping it a small Christmas this year. Now as an adult, I totally understand the struggle Christmas brings along. And I laugh at sexual jokes too fyi. It's really difficult being an adult and having the holidays come around. There's a few main areas that require money and it can be really stressful. Food, gifts and seasonal activities. I only buy for one when it comes to living and spending, but gifts bring on a whole other challenge. You have to budget for presents and spending money around the holidays and it can make a girl go insane. This is the time of the year for excess. Going ice skating and drinking hot cocoa, buying a fresh Christmas tree with the family, baking holiday themed pies and opening up tons and tons of gifts. Now as an adult, I realize how much money and strain that can put on the finances and the mental state. It makes me think of all the Christmases I've had and even when my mom and stepfather weren't doing the best, my brother and I never went without. How is that possible? I've learned that you have to work hard to enjoy the fruits of your labor. My mother was and still is the hardest worker I know. I never ever went without and she always went above and beyond to make sure I had plenty to be happy with. Buying for my family now, I try to keep that same mentality in my life. I want my family to enjoy the fruits of my labor, as well as when I go out with friends, I want to enjoy my hard work too. But it all comes with that hard work. And I know it will pay off when my family has a smile on their face from the cool presents I got them. Of course with the help of Santa, kids. Christmas can be a tough and harsh reality for some families. Or it could be one of the best times for a family. All I know is I can be proud to say that growing up, I really had the best Christmas every year. Christmas gets to be more of a reality for me each year as the pressure builds being an adult, but I think people look at the holiday the wrong way. Yes there's money and stress involved, but how amazing that you have the ability to give. How amazing that you can put a smile on someone's face for the hard work you put in. How amazing that your hard works actually does pay off. And how amazing is it that for little kids, you can really impact their childhood during this time. I want to be a beacon of light this holiday season. I want to give when I can and put joy on people's faces around me. I challenge you my readers this week and next week to do one random act of kindness. Whether it's buying someone some food, giving up your seat on the bus or reading your child a story. A little goes a long way. Even if it's free or five cents, I promise you will impact that persons life more than you know. Take it from me, my family always went above and beyond even if they had little and it's made me grateful and excited for this time of year. I'll be home for the holidays and boy am I excited to see what memories I can make this year!

Comments