Moving on up....or down?

Dear blog readers, please answer this question honestly and openly:
On a typical Friday night, I'm the kind of person who....
a. Gets in my PJs and watches tv in my room alone
b. Eats a giant hot fudge sundae before hitting the hay. Cheat days for life!
c. Arranges dinner plans with friends
d. Tries to find my Prince Charming on a blind date
e. Grabs my best pals and hits the club, getting turnt is my second job!

If you're anything like me, answer a is your best friend. I'm an extrovert at heart, but when it comes to a night off, I enjoy getting in my PJs, putting on the Real Housewives and eventually nodding off. Recently, I've had a big move in my life, LITERALLY. I changed apartments! After all the sobs and aches of my first NYC pad, I decided to take a leap of faith and stay in a model apartment. And like everything in life, there are ups and downs. The upside to the model apartment is I'm not lonely anymore, I can complain about boy problems to fellow girlfriends, I'm in an environment where people are doing the same things and living through similar situations work-wise as me and the location and place itself is beautiful. But the downside of this place has got me losing sleep over it...and I'm not kidding. My roommates who like to go out think it's a great idea after a long night out to turn all the lights on, make some food, play some tunes and talk about their life stories. Not to mention that it's five in the morning most of these nights. I'm generally a heavy sleeper, but maybe God is trying to teach me how to sleep through ALL issues of the night? I also can't forget that I live near the highway, so that's just the added cherry on top. Also, my roommates are kinda dirty. Generally, I'm the one who's cleaning the dishes and is fixing up the bathroom. Thankfully my mother taught me well, but sometimes I would like to come home to an already clean place, you know? Maybe it's karma for what I did as a kid? Regardless, even though these downs are tiring and annoying, I'm thankful for the move. I feel as though I've matured by taking a leap of faith to move and I'm learning more things each time I relocate. If you're dealing with roomie issues like me, gratitude goes a long way. Be thankful for the area, place and things that you have. If you are having noise issues during the night, melatonin, ear plugs and an eye mask should become your best friends. Try and reason with your roommates when they annoy you too, remember they're just people. And like any successful business person, you've got to negotiate and reason to get what you want. I guess if you want to love successful it starts with your roommates and a stable living environment, which is true. As an adult I now understand how important your home base is. And currently with the way I'm hitting, my home right now is at second. Wish me luck! Xoxo

Comments