Girls Guide to Traveling

I would say that 99% of people, HATE traveling. Maybe you're in that 1% of lovers for it, but I'm apart of the large margin. I love going to new places and exploring, but when I think about the getting to the airport, security, bag check and actually being on the plane, my anxiety goes from 0 to 100 real quick. This past trip, I got to travel with my boyfriend to his home, which was pretty amazing. Regardless, I still felt at the end of the trip that I looked and probably smelled like crap. If you're wondering how a "model" maintains a sort-of okay diet, image and smell, THIS is the guide for you. Here are my three tips!

What to Eat On Travel Days:
When I travel on planes, I like to keep my meals small and full of protein. If you're not a vegetarian, go for a small chicken salad before you fly and some eggs and ham for breakfast. I usually start with some eggs or oatmeal to hold me over and for lunch I keep it really light with some protein bars and fruit. I have bad anxiety, so this prevents me from keeping the bathroom as my best friend.

Maintaining Your Skin:
How do models look so flawless after planes? I wouldn't say flawless, but one key tip is to stick with that skincare routine my friend. Even if you have a 5am flight, wash your skin before you go up. And after a plane, even if you're super tired, use the last bit of energy to wash! I also keep my skin hydrated with Vaseline and my Muji Milk Moisturizer.

Trendy Travelers:
Generally, I stink on a plane and my outfits are pretty simple too. What I find that works for me is wearing an outfit that is light, comfortable, yet stylish. This past trip I styled in my black leggings, black turtleneck, jean jacket and HM boots. For smell, perfume is your bestie. Go for neutral scents like cotton or flowers just to make sure no allergies are affected. Pairing a cute outfit with a simple perfume is the key to an easy trip and impressive arrival!

I hope these tips have helped and make you feel model ready for the plane. If you have any other questions, leave a comment below! Happy travel and stay trendy travelers xoxo

Comments