What Going Vegan Forr A Month Did To My Body

Fun fact! Your girl went vegan. Well..., only for a month. And it definitely changed my anatomy. Don't be alarmed by how that sounds..., I promise that there's mostly positive than negative benefits. But if you have ever considered trying or wanting to go full on vegan, this is the blog for you. First of all, don't jump right into veganism. Your body will go into shock if you turn to plants after steak five nights a week. In order to go full on vegan, it takes time. If you're a carnivore, go vegetarian for a few months first so you can slowly start cutting out certain things from your diet. After your body adjusts to having certain things out of your diet, then consider going vegan. Also, start supplementing certain things in different recipes to get a feel for vegan cooking. Instead of egg in your cake, swap that for applesauce or one tablespoon flax seed with one tablespoon of water. Instead of chicken stir fry, use tofu. And also do A LOT of research. When you go vegan or even vegetarian, there are certain vitamins and supplements you may need to supply yourself depending on how extensive your taste buds are. If you don't like organic dark chocolate or spinach, you may want to find an iron supplement. If you don't eat eggs as a vegetarian, you might want to get a vitamin B-12 supplement. Or if you don't drink soy milk, you might want to consider a calcium supplement. Some things also happen to your body besides the vitamin issue. My first week going full on vegan, my energy changed. Every day around 2-3 in the afternoon, my energy just died. I also had really soft and green poops (everybody poops okay gentlemen). Besides those two things, the first week isn't that bad! After that week, my energy and poop went back to normal. I now feel so much better and after every meal I feel so sustained. I know that what I'm putting in is really helping my health. My skin is great and my teeth have actually whitened. My advice is if you want to try something new, I would go vegan! Whether you want to help animals more, try something new or improve your health, I would try it. Maybe try it even for a few days! And don't worry about eating out or hanging with non-vegans. Research menus to see what restaurants have before, read food labels and peta.org is a great source to know what is and isn't vegan. You'd be surprised on how much is actually vegan. Reese's Puffs, corn flakes, Arnold's bread, Thomas's bagels, ketchup, and most importantly Oreos. And that my friends is the main reason for me, going vegan wasn't that hard. #obsessed

Comments