Fashion Week Alchemy?

During Fashion Week, I began reading a book called "The Alchemist." This is what I learned.

What if we lived our lives with no fear? When you walk down the street, you are certain you will have your next step. What if we did that with everything in our lives, like we were one hundred percent certain of our next step? What if we lived our whole lives that way? Certain, one hundred percent certain. To be certain means to be established beyond doubt. We are certain that this country has 50 states, we are certain what our height is, why aren't we certain with our own destinies? Society has made us to believe in the American Dream, but has unconvinced us of actually achieving it for ourselves. Why? We live in a selfish world. A world where on the subway trains, men sit before children. Where people are put on hold for heart transplants. Life is not fair, nor is it fair to ourselves to believe we can't do what we've set out to truly accomplish. And I'm not talking about getting that A on your next exam, I'm talking about making it in the big leagues like you want to. Or becoming the worlds most famous dancer. Or getting a shot on the Olympics. As I've gotten older, I've learned about people's  lives who once had a dream, but because of society and the pressure of fitting in, they slipped into the stereotype. I've also met plenty of people who still tell me they don't know what they want to be when they grow up. I believe that they do, but because they realized it was too late to accomplish they're actual dream, they tried to figure out something that could equate to what they once wanted. There are some people in this world who are okay with being just a mom or are okay with being just a manager. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. It is perfectly okay to aspire to have a house, a family and a good working job. For some this is a dream because they never got to have that themselves. One of my goals is to find a husband who treats me like their queen because I never really had a guy who treated me like that growing up. But on a realer level, I have bigger dreams than that. And I know you people reading this do too. Why stop now? Why stop going for them now? I met an actor who I got to work with who was 67 years old. He told me he started acting at 66. Only one year and he was already working with up and coming actors and getting his face out there. It's never too late! Nor is it wrong to want to go for what you believe in and want to accomplish. I finished a book recently called "The Alchemist." Probably the greatest book I've ever read. It's short, simple and to the point. If you have any fears, worries, anxieties or doubts about your dream and your life, I would read this book now. One of the most important messages in the book is when you have a dream, the universe conspires to make it happen. And that is true. It also duels that statement by saying that it won't come easy, you must learn hardships and certain truths along the way to get what you want. If it came easy, what would you have learned? Society has a way of making people think that everything comes easy and if it doesn't, move on from it. But the beauty is knowing that when you relish in your dream and push you hardest to make it work, the universe not only takes care of it and you, it makes it happen. Just think about that instead.

Comments