My Vacation From Hell

You might be wondering why I took a week off from my blog??? I took a "vacation." I used parentheses because I just traveled back to my hometown to spend some time away from New York. Not necessarily your trip-to-Hawaii vision you might've imagined. Over vacation, naturally you reflect on life and I reflected on the torture and pain-staking process of getting my wisdom teeth out. Prior to surgery I listened to the horror stories and nightmarish experiences from fellow friends. Already not liking surgery or anything to do with blood, this just heightened the angst. I'm not kidding, I HATE blood. I passed over a science video in class. Granted the makeup job was amazing, I just couldn't take it. Luckily for me though, my doctor was super chill about it because she allowed me to have some Valium the night before and morning of to ease my anxiety. If you know me, you know I'm an all natural kind of gal, so Valium made me nervous. Nerves on top of nerves! I had no idea what it would make me feel like. But, I can tell you now, it took me on a legit vacation. All of a sudden, I just started to hysterically laugh at everything my mother did the first night I took it. And then I suddenly passed out. In the morning, my limbs felt like 100 pounds each and I had no energy to have any nerves. Going in, I was just at a point where I wanted to get it over with. They prepped me and the whole time I just kept asking, "are you gonna hurt me?" My nurse was super sweet and understanding, considering I should act like a boss since I'm an adult now. But let's face it, I'm a kitty cat (get it?). After the prep came The Chair. Proper noun because you all know The Chair at the dentist. They put a thing over my nose, told me to breath in and I went into another land. I decided to have laughing gas. At one point in the surgery, I literally could not feel my feet. I was so high and I was listening to my music, I couldn't feel or hear anything. It was awesome. Before I knew it, my surgery was over and it literally felt like I was in The Chair for about twenty minutes. Ironically the last song on my playlist was Beyoncé's "Survivor" and I did indeed feel like a survivor. I went in so high, conquered the surgery like a boss and walked out like a boss as well. The worst part of the surgery was the recovery. The second day to be exact. I almost passed out, threw up and I felt like dying. It wasn't the pain in mouth, it was all the meds I was taking. And after I felt kind of normal again, I got my monthly gift. I lost so much blood, took so many drugs and felt so damn skinny that week, I felt like a drug addict. It's amazing what a body can go through. Not only physically, but psychologically too. Do you know how hard it is to look, every day, at your favorite box of cereal, Corn Flakes? And realize you can't eat it for two weeks? It's like telling a kid you're gonna make them a sundae and you make them wait two weeks for it. Sickening. Thankfully, I'm back to normal and I can crunch until my heart and my stomach are satisfied. I hope my torturous (not actually torturous) story about my wisdom teeth removal has brightened your day and your smile. If you have an experience similar or you just wanna share, holla at me!

Comments