10 Best & Worst Places to Visit in NYC #tourists

So since I'm almost an honorary one year New Yorker, I decided to make a blog for all my tourists out there! These are my ten best and worst places to visit in New York City!:

Best:
1. Central Park 
Probably my favorite spot in the city. It's a great place to explore, get into nature, relax, have a cute date or lunch. They sell "Nuts for Nuts" so you really can't complain about the venders. During the holiday season they have a themed flea market and in the summer they have plenty of events going on inside. I would say you should make this your first to-do in the city!
2. Little Italy
Such a romantic spot to go with a loved one! They have authentic Italian cuisine and gelato. Enough said.
3. Chelsea
I love when I have a casting in Chelsea because although there's a ton of buildings and cars, it's a very chill and beautiful spot to go. You can walk over to the harbor or make your way to the high line and walk across the edge of New York. Super beautiful!
4. Brooklyn
If you're a hipster or are into the artsy side of life, this is the place for you. Brooklyn is super chill and hip, I love it. There's this unanimous cool vibe where everyone just dresses hip, so you don't want to be apart from the movement!
5. Harlem
Harlem is the up-and-coming Brooklyn. Many townhouses are being re-vamped and there's a wider diversity now. Hop off the ABCD on 125th to see Central Harlem live at night. Or walk down to 116th for a quieter spot.
6. Grand Central
This place is really cool. A lot of subways and trains connect here, there's a food court underneath and the architecture is beautiful inside. Be careful not to get lost! If anything, step outside and see the beautiful city around Grand Central too.
7. Cathedral Parkway
If you walk from 125th to 110th, you'll find yourself at Cathedral Parkway! The northern side of Central Park. A beautiful and quiet area with lots of scenery and restaurants around. Stop by Insomnia Cookies(my fave dessert place) on 110th & Amsterdam!

Worst:
1. Times Square
Now I know there's so much to see, but as a New Yorker, this is my least favorite spot to hang. Not only is it super crowded and loud af, but be prepared to have people walk and then blatantly stop in front of you for a photo. If you have patience, be my guest.
2. Chinatown
No offense, but Chinatown is the Asian Times Square. Lost of tourists flock here and it is super crowded and noisy. It's a cool place to see a different culture, but once again, you've got to have the patience to be there!
3. East Harlem
If you want a sketchier ride in New York, hop off the 456 trains and walk around East Harlem. Warning: it's not like Central or West Harlem, it is very violent and lots of crime happens there. I wouldn't step foot there if I were new to New York. Just sayin!

Comments