Workout and Eating Lifestyle #healthandbeauty Mini Series #5

Why must all good things come to end? *insert crying emoji* For my last installment of my #healthandbeauty mini series, I wanted to talk about my eating and workout regimen. As I told you in my carb cycling #healthandbeauty feature, I am no longer carb cycling. But it did teach me how to balance my carbs and my eating patterns. Because I had an eating disorder, I developed these patterns for eating. Now recovering from my disorder, I try to branch out a little more once in a while with my eating. Not only with my eating, but my exercise as well. Trust me, eating and doing the same physical activity every day gets a little boring and unmotivating. During treatment, the nutritionist that helped me taught me the basic fundamentals of eating. You have your starches, proteins, fruits/veggies and fats. Each meal you eat should compose of a certain amount of these things, aka servings. For me, I eat a different amount of servings than you would because I have a different body type and metabolism. The trick is to find what makes you feel good and keeps you healthy. For me, my eating schedule in a typical day looks like this:
Breakfast: between 8-11 am
1 starch (like oatmeal), 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1 protein
This is my oatmeal with coconut milk and dried fruit. Or my breakfast smoothie (found in detox blog)
Lunch: between 12-2pm
2 starch, 1 fat, 2 protein, 1 fruit or veggie
This could be peanut butter toast with fruits or veggies
Snack: between 2-4pm
1 protein, 1 fat, 1 fruit
This could be some nuts and an apple
Dinner: 2 starch, 2 protein, 1 fat, 1 veggie
Between 5-7pm
This could be rice with a dressing and chicken and veggies
Snack: 1 starch
Between 7-9pm
This could be whole grain crackers
The trick to not getting bored is finding balance and moderation. Learning when to say yes and no. Same with exercise you need to know when you need it and when you need to rest. For me, my workout plan each week is usually 2-3 days yoga and 2 cardio and toning workouts. This could be a run one day, Pilates the next and two days of yoga. Since I'm a New Yorker, I consider walking exercise too! You need to find what works for you and makes you feel the sexiest. Of course, I don't eat super healthy EVERY DAY. I allow myself one cheat day or one or two cheat meals a week. I'm a breakfast and dessert girl, so if I want a donut one morning and a couple cookies one night, then so be it. And if I don't feel like exercising for one day, I make up for it the next. What I'm saying is find what works for you! And most importantly love yourself through the process! Know your body, respect it and work with it. Have compassion and love for yourself and know it takes time to get that beach body babe! If you have any questions, leave a comment below. Thanks for reading my #healthandbeauty mini series. I hope I've inspired and created a fit fire within some of you guys! There is definitely more to come... ;)

Comments