The Boyfriend Blog

Because my boyfriend was in town, I decided to manipulate him. Typical, right? I wanted to see the difference between the guys mind and the girls mind, in regards to certain topics. I wrote down my responses and he did the same. Completely open and separate. These are the topics I thought would be interesting and show a difference in perspective. I hope you enjoy!

Her:
Who should say I love you first?
I think it totally depends on the timing of the relationship. If the girl says it first and it's only been a month, it's definitely possible the guy could run away. But if it's the right timing, maybe a couple months, I think the guy should say I love you first. That's how you know he's serious and the relationship is strong. You know the girl is gonna fall in love at the drop of a hat, but if the guy says something, your golden, honey.

What's a period?
A period is your monthly massacre. It's something that I wish us women had the option of signing up for after God determined we'd be female. It's also the biggest hindrance on life. You have to be careful when swimming, sleeping, running, walking, eating, sitting, breathing (because your breath stops when you get it for the month). Basically your life is shut down for a week.

Do you tell her she looks fat in the jeans?
Yes. I like a guy who's honest. Tell me I look fat, make me angry. Because then I'll do a bomb af workout just to make you realize what you got...all of DIS. I think honesty is super important in a relationship. If I look ugly, tell me. But just know if you piss me off, it's all over.

What's the honeymoon stage? When is it over?
The honeymoon stage is usually in the beginning of a relationship where both partners see nothing but perfection for each other. Their vision can only see them when they look at them, they can only hear their beautiful words, their farts smell like roses and their most annoying attributes are ironically the cutest. It's over I think if you let it. Being in a long distance relationship I think the phase is longer, but in any circumstance it's important even if you're comfortable to try and see what made you fall in love with them in the first place, in all situations.

Who wears the pants in the relationship?
I do! I mean sometimes it's a give and take because I want him to play the "man role" and I like my "girl role", but I feel like when it comes to finance, organizing, planning, decision making, I have the upper hand. I'm also super stubborn and like to have my way, but his input is nice. ;)

Are you a fan of PDA?
Growing up, I never liked seeing or thinking about PDA. And because this is my first anything, I was super nervous about doing anything in public. When we had our first kiss, it was in public and I freaked out inside. But, as time grew on, I became more comfortable to do more than just a hand hold in public. Now I am NOT a fan of tonguing it down in front of people, but a cute hug and a peck can be sweet. 

Do you believe in marriage?
I do believe in marriage. As a Christian, it's definitely something I strive for. To share that relationship and to literally be one with someone is special. I believe that marriage is a really important and serious thing and shouldn't be taken lightly. It requires effort and a lot of care, but I can't wait to have a husband one day. I strive to be one of those Instagram #couplegoals and be that cute and trendy power couple. I pray for him almost every day. #brangelina

Him:
Who should say I love you first?
I feel that there isn't any real rule for it. Most guys can be shy to say it and it might take something intimate for them to open up. When you love someone, both of you most likely already know it and whoever says it first is just opening up the gates. "I love you" is a dance between two people and you have to feel the right moment to say it whether it is the guy or girl, it doesn't matter so long as both of you feel it is true. You will know when the right time to say it is but typically guys feel more comfortable saying it first I think.

What's a period?
A beautiful comedic nightmare God made for giggles. It's natural and marks a new phase of life for women. It teaches both men and women how to handle different emotions. Men learn to become more caring and compassionate and women become more conscious of how their body soul and mind works together. 

Do you tell her she looks fat in the jeans?
Considering my girlfriend is a skinny little model I never have to worry about that ;), but I think if the relationship is healthy you should be able to say what you're thinking and not have to worry about the outcome. Of course don't be mean, but if you feel that her being fat is a health concern, than both of you can use that to better yourselves and your relationship. If you love someone you would never say anything to hurt them. If it's an attraction thing, then speak about it because both partners want to be attracted to each other. Essentially, you know the relationship is solid if you can talk about "controversial" things and not worry about having a controversial outcome. Both partners should work towards this. 

What's the honeymoon stage? When is it over?
Honeymoon stage in my mind, is where you look past all the flaws of your partner and see in them the same thing God sees in all of us. If this stage completely disappears then you have probably focused too much on the negative and lost touch of what you fell in love with. Hardships will come, but the "honeymoon stage" should always be there to a degree because it demonstrates what you saw when you initially fell in love with them. 

Who wears the pants in the relationship?
The pants should be shared. Buy a big pair of pants, and decide on who takes the left leg and who takes the right leg, then work together so you can walk in a straight line and get where you want to go. You might stumble, but the more you work together on walking in balance/unison, the better your relationship will be. Walk in the pants together. 

Are you a fan of PDA?
To a small degree, yeah. I don't want to shove it in everyone's face. But a little kiss here and there is really cute and shows your comfortable together. 

Do you believe in marriage?
Of course! Love is love. 



Comments