Long Distance Lovers

I miss my boyfriend. Currently that's how I feel. And I have no shame playing the "depression" game because I'm freaking sad man. Long distance is so tough and it really hurts having to pull away from each other after a beautiful time with each other because you both live in two separate places. The hardest part for me is that it's not like he lives in New Jersey or like Maine. No, he lives all the way across the country, California. Of course on the plus side, my vacation is so amazing and warm. But on the downside, I can't just drive two hours when I'm sad and miss him. I have to wait and wait and wait until his plane arrives. Just recently, my boyfriend came out to see me and do some things for modeling in New York. I was so excited because I hadn't seen him in a month and a half and the angst was building inside. He stayed with me for ten days and through those ten days, I realized a lot. I realized how important the relationship is for us and for me. I genuinely am in love and it's crazy y'all. Yes we are that cheesy couple in the subway that kiss and hug, we are that stylish hippie couple that stops for coffee or tea in my case. Yes we are that Instagram worthy couple (if I do say so myself). And yes we do those cute nose and Eskimo kisses because we can. I'm in love. I also through the ten days realized that I am super impatient and get really hangry at times. Not like subliminal signs for these things, like in your face, stay out of my way kind of style. He eats so different and generally more unhealthy for me, so finding a compromise brings these things out. And reflecting on the trip and how I was in regards to my hanger and impatience, I apologize. Another thing that was prevalent was that I'm definitely the girl and he's definitely the guy. It's crazy how much of a girl I am and I hate it. He threw his luggage and food all around my apartment and at first I was the OCD crazy girl I was. Constantly trying and attempting to "clean" his mess. After a certain point, I just gave up. I literally felt like my mother and her ex-husband. And girl do I feel your pain! I was secretly excited when he left to clean my room, not gonna lie. (Is that bad?) A last thing I realized is that there is such thing as good guys in the world. My boyfriend is genuinely a good guy. And sadly I grew up not really getting along with most guys, feeling more comfortable around women. But being in this relationship has taught me that guys are good people too. The fact that my boyfriend stayed faithful to me and loves me even more despite the long distance and after this trip, shows me that he's here to stay. Yes he's messy, I can be impatient and he can annoy me with his unhealthiness and crazy schedule, but I love him. And I know he loves me. So long distance sucks, but man that "honeymoon" phase or the waiting we do and then FINALLY seeing each other, is so worth it. Long distance sucks, but our relationship sure doesn't. Are any of you in a long distance relationship? Or are talking to someone long distance? Some key tips are to FaceTime only once or twice during the week, text whenever you can, be HONEST, be THANKFUL, be APPRECIATIVE, and most importantly COMMUNICATE. When my boyfriend reads this, he'll probably start that slow into fast clap because I'm saying this. I hope you guys do to. Not because you get our relationship, but because you like my stuff. Can I get a round of applause please?

Comments