Skin Regimen #healthandbeauty Mini Series

So recently I had a photoshoot and the makeup artist gave me the best compliment before she started beating my face. She looked at me and goes, "You have such great skin!" Now as a model, the makeup artist is the true test to your insecurity and for a makeup artist, the one who judges your look the most on a shoot, says you have nice skin, you've hit beautiful skin goals. I decided because some friends and family have been asking me for advice and some help on skin, health and beauty, I would embark on my #healthandbeauty mini series by starting with most women's problem area, their face. First off, I start every morning with a morning face wash. I use Clean&Clear morning burst facial scrub. My skin is sensitive and if I do get acne, it comes very lightly or it is just simple spots on my skin. I recommend Clean&Clear for people with my skin type. I would NOT recommend Neutrogena or Proactive. The reason why is because with Neutrogena, specifically for sensitive skin it burns your skin and dries it out quickly. With Proactive, once you start taking it, it may help, but if you stop or let up for a bit, the acne will come back very fast. It's an endless cycle of paying endless amounts of money and constantly focusing on your skin, even when it gets better. Know your skin type and how it reacts to certain things before you consider a skin regimen! I always finish any wash, whether morning or night or after the shower with a moisturizer. My skin can get very dry, so for me I use Clinique Moisture Surge, it's really great for people whose skin dries easily. If your skin gets very oily, look for a moisturizer that is oil free and very light. Also, when you shower always moisturize after and when you workout, immediately wash your face after and use some moisturizer. Whether it's a simple walk or a calming yoga class, wash and moisturize girl! For the night, I use Clean&Clear nighttime soothing cleanser and my moisturizer. I also use an under eye and anti wrinkle cream for my eyes and forehead. I wrinkle on my forehead when I stress and I get really bad bags under my eyes, partially because of genetics and also because I can stress or miss a couple hours of sleep on occasion. If I have a flare up, I use a prescribed acne cream by my doctor. If you don't have a doctor to recommend a spot treatment, look for one within your preferred acne brand. Right before I lay down, I glaze my lips with some Vaseline, you could also use lip balm. I personally adore Vaseline, it's God's gift. Only use the under eye and anti wrinkle creams at night, unless you prefer two times a day or your creams direct you otherwise. Also always use your lip balm any time of the day, you want to keep the moisture in your lips too believe it or not. 

Some quick things before I go! DO NOT workout with makeup on, always remember to wash before and after. DO NOT sleep with makeup on. DO NOT wipe your face when you wash it, always remember to dab. DO tie your hair back every time you wash, the oils from your hair can affect your face...seriously! DO NOT wash your face in the shower with the acne face scrubs, give yourself the time to wash your face outside of the shower...you deserve it! DO take your vitamins! I take a daily vitamin and fish oil every morning before breakfast. Vitamins are essential in not only your health, but your skin care and fish oil is really great for your hair, skin and nails. I also take birth control, which I would recommend considering if you have skin problems. Since being on the pill I've had little to no issues...knock on wood!
If you have any more questions, please leave a comment below. I hope this has helped, stay tuned for more in my #healthandbeauty mini series!

Comments