Model Madness

I'm stepping outside of my series of "Getting Personal" to talk about the madness that has been happening in my life right now. MODELING. I guess this is the kind of madness I want and need in my life, so this blog is not in any way a complaint, nor a bragging post, this post is simply my way of putting your minds into my reality, via my blog. Enter into my world for a moment...

So the madness began the end of January. It started with getting a few castings a day to suddenly getting ten or eleven in a day, five times a week. Prior to fashion week, models gave horror stories of running around endlessly while you're starving, tired and sore. Of course a part of me was thinking this was terrifying, but I was more leaning towards the side that kept saying, "YAASSSS, get it queen!" Of course these models were correct because in a literal blink of an eye, the madness began. I was smart, as I planned my meals and brought food a long the way, but it didn't even amount to the amount of walking I was doing a day. My average a day was 8 miles. That's 56 miles in a week, but multiply that by two. Yeah, no exaggerations on that... The good thing about all the castings is people who run the castings get the model life. We don't have time to sit and wait for an hour, a good fifteen minute casting is the best kind. And what I've learned is the best castings are the ones who don't require to put on heels, only want one comp card, don't care for the book and take little to no time to complete. 60% of my castings were like this, while the others were madness and very annoying. At castings, I would see my friends and I would make friends which was nice. Any girl I talked to always started the conversation off strong, but then we both ended up just talking about how tired we were and hungry. One girl in particular was like, "I haven't been eating, but after fashion week I really want to have something bad. Like yogurt." Of course I was like, "Sounds yummy!," but I was thinking in my head, "Are you kidding me?! The first thing I'm shoving in my mouth is something high in calories, processed and with chocolate, probably artificial quality, but who cares." But that's just me... And after all of these castings, you just have to wait. The waiting game is the worst part. You feel like you've got the casting and you're going to book a show and then you don't. It's an awful feeling. Luckily there were moments where I felt that the casting was awful on my end and I ended up booking a show. Thankfully I booked six shows! And after all of this madness, the no sleep and being constantly hungry, paid off. Shows were only two to three hours out of your day, but it is so worth it. The adrenaline rush I got and the high I felt was insane. It's such a superficial feeling, cameras taking photos of you constantly and people just staring at the way you look, but the persona you acquire and the feeling you get is amazing. And the best part is it's what I've always wanted to do. My shows weren't the biggest yet or had the most famous people in the front rows, but they were shows on New York Fashion Week. What I can say that I've learned is success is not easy at all and it takes a lot of work to get to where you want to be. I'm not even half way to where I want to be, but I'm proud of myself and I know it's only up from here. And that's a big part of your success, positivity in all things and the power of belief. To believe in yourself no matter what comes your way. If you believe enough it will come. And if you know the lord, try reading Jeremiah 29:11. That verse is my motto.

Also, Update: I had my artificially flavored chocolate processed Oreos and they were some of the best 20 Oreos I've ever had. 

Comments