Getting Personal Part Three

One time at band camp...
Just kidding. I never had any of those stories growing up as a kid. Sure, I've had my fair share of wild moments and laugh old loud worthy times, but really I've never had one of those crazy make out stories in the woods or played peek-a-boo (if you know what I mean) behind the cabin with the cute kid from camp. I will say, since being in New York, I'm coming out with "One time in New York City..." stories. And boy do I have a story to tell you guys. One time in New York City I went to a casting. How New York right? While I was settling in before my casting, I had to pick out my usual: the shoes, my book and my comp card. This casting was a little different though because boys were there. As I was grabbing my things one of the male models began to speak to me. Have you ever had a moment where you had an unexpected awesome thing happen to you and all you could think of was, "did that really just happen?" I looked up and was pleased at what I saw and was also pleased this guy was hitting on me. I played it cool and followed along. We made some small talk and he invited me to coffee. I couldn't stop playing the same words in my head, "Really? Oh my gosh. This is happening. You get it girl." After the casting, he waited for me and we were off! We began walking from the casting through midtown and eventually made our way in and through Central Park. Mind you it was freezing out, but I don't think we both cared. We were caught up in conversation that everything just felt natural and okay. After about an hour of wandering, my lips started to go numb, so naturally this was the time to get food and coffee. We made our way into an Argo tea and sat right outside of Central Park. The wild thing was I wasn't even nervous, more so excited and eager. We sat and talked for about four hours more. Eventually there was hand holding and more intimate questions. The whole time I kept thinking, "I can't wait to tell all my girls about this, my mom is especially going to be so proud of this." A little before we left he asked me a question, "Can I kiss you?" I paused for a bit. I'm not going to lie, a part of me was all "Hell yeah!" and then another part was like, "wait right here, right now?" Those sides are called the freak in the sheets versus the conservative Christian. I've battled with these my whole life. Of course I said yes and it just happened. It was kind of the fireworks going off moment for me. The only thing was it was so unplanned, unwritten and in an Argo tea. Basically, it was so New York. And being so New York is how I like my life to be right now. We still hang out and it's just as spontaneous and unplanned (most of the time) as our first encounter. Just give me six more months and ask me "How's New York?"
Hopefully the side of the freak in the sheets will be more developed by then...

Comments