5 Weird Things About Me

Remember in elementary school on the first day of class. The teacher would give everyone a blank sheet of paper and she would ask everyone, "Okay kids, write down three facts about yourself that no one knows." My facts would usually contain something about my family, a weird talent I had (which every year, I developed a new one) and the fact that I have two dads...kind of. I always looked forward to the first day of anything, whether it was summer camp, school or Sunday school (Notice how I didn't say job because no one likes their first day of work), it was an opportunity for me to prove how outgoing I really am, no matter if I was 4 or 14. Now that I'm done with school and it is 2016, I feel like this year is like another first day experience, where I realize things about me that no one else may know. But really this time, these are things that I didn't really know about myself until I dug a little deeper. So with all of this said, these are 5 weird things about myself. P.S. If you relate on any level, like this and comment. #likeforlike #followforfollow ;)

Weird Thing #1:
I speak in topic sentences. Whenever I call my mom, I always highlight the main things that happened in my day...natural, but I think I'm on another level. I had a job interview yesterday and the manager said a few things that stuck out to me. Things along the line of you can't teach niceness, punctuality is important to us, we cater to our customers by hiring staff that truly represents our style. After the interview, I called my mother. When our conversation was over I realized I literally spoke to her in thesis. I gave her straight topic sentences about the interview. On the overall interview, "The interview was easy, well-spoken and a success on my part." On the manager, "The manager was very nice and he spoke to me about the kinds of people he enjoys hiring." The job description, "The job seems very easy, it is all about customer service and relating to the people on a personal and relaxed level." I also highlighted what stuck out to me. By the time I realized how badly I was speaking in thesis, I felt like texting my mom with, "Sorry my high school education got the best of me. Damn you, English."

Weird Thing #2:
I may or may not be bi-polar. Now don't ex out of the screen and shut down the computer because I said this, I'm just being real. My father is legitimately bi-polar and I honestly am worried I may have gotten those genes, those horrible, psycho genes. (But I am thankful for my height and my cheek bones). Sometimes I catch myself crying hysterically and hating life and then I find myself super happy and full of life. A part of me is concerned and then another part tells me I'm just young and hormonal. As I spoke to my friend and she told me I was relatable. How about you other ladies, young or old? Can I get an AMEN?!

Weird Thing #3:
I don't realize I'm tall. Honestly, I don't look at myself as a tall person. Not even when I stand near my 5'2 friends, I still don't feel giant. At times I find myself feeling normal and just a regular height, that is until I try on regular jeans and have to go online instead to order from the "tall" section...

Weird Thing #4:
I eat VERY weird. Obviously most would be like, "Well duh she had an eating disorder," but I'm totally different from before. I just appreciate my food on a different level. For example, when I eat one of God's greatest creations, PB&J, I really enjoy the sandwich. First, I start by eating the top of the sandwich. Then I begin to eat the insides of the sandwich, taking bites in even numbers, never odd. Afterwards, I get all the way to the bottom, but leave the crust for last. If you were to time me, a standard PB&J would take me at least 20-30 minutes, even when I'm starving. For me, you have to enjoy every bite and savor every moment, especially because it's Gods creation.

Weird Thing #5:
I despise with all of my heart and soul the belly button. Not only is it the most pointless and dirty part of the body, but it is just SO nasty and SO rude. I used to have nightmares that someone would touch my belly button and I would literally wake up freaking out that maybe someone might have when I was deep in my nightmare. Recently on the subway a man sitting across for me had the audacity to reach down to his belly button, dig around and eat what was inside. I almost pulled apart the subway doors and jumped out. I'm squirming just typing it now. Don't EVER mess with my belly button or even your own in front of me. JUST NO. Ya  little nasty...

Comments