Most Wonderful Time of The Year?

Dear blog viewers, I apologize, I've been a total flake. I have some really good news! I finally got a modeling agency! I'm signed!! It feels so weird to say it, but man it feels good. The week I've had since being away has been a crazy mix of great and a little insane. It started with getting signed to my agency on Monday, which was like the best day ever. Then it came to Tuesday, the day I quit my job. You would think I would say the most horrible day after the best day ever, but honestly, it was a succession of another great day. I called out of work Monday "sick" because I was scheduled and of course wasn't going to miss meeting with the agency. So promptly four hours before I was scheduled, I called out. The policy was followed and my manager was not pleased (shocker). On Tuesday at the end of my shift, I was called over after being cut early from work about how bad of an employee I was being lately. "You know you're calling out everyday and you've been late to work before. You seem like you don't want to do your job, so basically if you don't improve..." What? I'm fired?...For what? I called out once, was late once and am probably the best of the hosts (just sayin). I felt like grabbing one of the dirty forks behind my boss and jamming it into her large lopsided breast. But, I kindly replied with, "that's fine, I would like to put in my notice." I gladly left my work feeling ironically like a million bucks. The next day I came home and right away had to unfortunately go to the doctors for a physical. Not the greatest homecoming, but thank the Lord I was healthy. Afterwards, I had a photoshoot and felt like I was finally on my way to accomplishing my dream. It was overall a fabulous day. The next day was Christmas Eve and I woke up exceedingly excited for what was to come. I made the family a healthy breakfast, caught up with people at church and later on sang for my church's Christmas Eve service. During which my boss texted me with, "I was able to get you off the schedule and cover for you so you could have more time with your family. Happy holidays." In my mind I replied with, "It's Merry Christmas bitch." But I love the Lord and my hopeful spot in heaven. Thankfully the next morning was the big day, Christmas! I was so excited entering into the day because I went on a health kick after thanksgiving and vowed I wouldn't cheat until Christmas Day. I entered the day with two Reese's peanut butter cups down at 7am. YOLO. Then I continued with a muffin and a while after Christmas dinner. Unfortunately because of my health kick, my body literally went into shock. I spent 45 minutes in the bathroom. Nasty, but true. And I'm not a normal person when it comes to gas pains and what not. I sat there the whole time contemplating my entire life. Trying to think happy thoughts as if I was about to enter into open heart surgery. Each pain I felt was as if an imaginary devil was stabbing my sides. At one point I was threatening to pass out. Finally, I decided to pop a pill and by the grace of God I felt better. The gruesome truth of my bathroom trials and tribulations. Thankfully later that day I was able to down six chocolate chip cookies and a half carton of peanut butter cup ice cream. I mean at least I ate my vegetables that day. Now it's Saturday and because my old boss is SO lovely, I have more time with my family, which I can't be mad at. Overall, this holiday season was great. I got to spend time in the city during the holidays and I got to have time with family. I also got to finally gloat (humbly) just a little about my success to come and I ate with no regret too. The holidays are definitely a time to reflect and look forward to what's to come. I can reflect on how far God has gotten me this year. I can also look forward to what's to come in the new year and I think it's going to be great. Now I have to start thinking about a resolution. Maybe it's to balance my cheating a little better. Maybe it's to practice on more music stuff. Or maybe it's learning how to better keep the Lord in my heart when I have to deal with demons like my old boss. But like 2015, that's pretty much in the past.

Comments